Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pros and Cons When it Comes to Being Friends With Your Boss on Facebook

http://www.employmentmetrix.com/blog/2010/08/the-pros-and-cons-when-it-comes-to-being-friends-with-your-boss-on-facebook.html
Not only is the article great, but the comments at the end have some good information as well.


From my perspective, I have never and never plan to 'friend' any professional connections on my personal Facebook. Facebook is a way for my friends and family to share baby and vacation pictures, what we did last weekend, the books and movies we like (or don't like), etc. 



LinkedIn is for my professional contacts (and be careful about the style of any picture you might at to your LinkedIn profile).

If, for some reason, your boss/employer has an expectation that people will friend co-workers and executives on Facebook, I have a suggestion.  Have a separate, work Facebook account.  This will require a little more work, but can keep your personal and work life from mixing too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment